The Data Foundation is seeking a full-time Development Associate to help build our campaign for open data! If that person might be you or someone you know, read on.
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits, with the potential for performance-based bonuses. We are the only non profit 501 (c) 3 pursuing the publication of government information as standardized, open data. Through education, research, and events, the Foundation supports the publications of government information as standardized, open data.
Open data enhances accountability, improves government management, reduces compliance costs, and stimulates innovation. Representing a cross-section of the technology industry, the Data Foundation supporters includes market leaders such as Kearney & Company, Workiva, RR Donnelley, PwC, Booz Allen Hamilton, and Grant Thornton. Interested candidates should submit a resume to email@example.com.
1. Reporting to the President, develop and execute an annual development plan aimed at building the Foundation’s membership base of Decision Maker, Innovator, Collaborator, and Change Agent.
2. Identify and pursue potential new Foundation supporters and potential membership upgrades.
3. Raise sponsorships to support Foundation events.
4. Research, recommend, and execute potential opportunities to establish and fund the Data Foundation, a parallel research organization.
5. Work with our events and supporter services team to coordinate services to existing supporters with outreach to potential members.
6. Work with our events and member services team to ensure that Foundation events are structured to maximize new member recruitment.
7. Work with our communications team to ensure that Foundations messaging communicates the opportunities and benefits of Foundation membership.
8. Work with our policy team to align the Data Coalition’s advocacy and development efforts.
9. Work with our President to ensure that members of the Foundation’s Board of Directors and Coalition's Board of Advisors participate actively in development efforts.
1. A bachelor’s degree.
2. Four or more years of development or sales experience.
3. A background in successfully securing gifts or donations in the $25,000 – $50,000 range.
4. Strong communications skills.
5. Experience in membership-based fundraising or political organization management.
The Data Foundation provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, the Data Coalition complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.